Published - Facebook and Fear: The story of one woman's decision to keep her child with Down syndrome, facilitated through some quick Facebook messages.
- Anti-Women, Anti-Information: Indiana abortion bill advances. Indiana continues its efforts to destroy the pro-information coalition.
- How Not to Report on Violence against Disabled Children. We need victim-centered narratives, not disability-centered, and not perpetrator-sympathy stories. That's true even if the perpetrator deserves sympathy (which generally I think they do not).
- Internet Communities and Special Needs Parenting. More on the true story on how a Facebook message changed lives. I didn't do much, and that's the point.
- Lavall Hall - The Cult of Compliance Claims a New Victim. Hall was given the order to comply, to be normal, or to die. He's dead now. There will be more.
- Post 500: I wrote a book. Milestone for the blog and for me as a writer and scholar. Please check out the book, read a sample chapter, share the word especially with academics.
- Boys and Girls - The Sexualization of Language Do a google image search for boys. Now do one for girls. What do you see?
- Is Church Only for the Neurotypical? A great essay on parenting an autistic child and religion.
- The Jews and the Crusades (New York Times): No, the Enlightenment Didn't Solve Everything. This type of "thank god we're not medieval" essay ignores the 20th century and its carnage.
- Justified? - One death in which officers try to do everything right. #TacticalRestraint in action.