Here's what I wrote this week, even as I continue to work on my book and other long-term projects.
- Inspiration Porn at a Chicagoland McDonald's - DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF DISABLED PEOPLE AND POST THEM TO SOCIAL MEDIA WITHOUT CONSENT!!!!!
- Miracles and Things That Aren't - A child with Down syndrome was blessed by the Pope and holes in his heart closed some weeks later. This is normal. Describing it as a miracle sends the message that Down syndrome requires miracles. It spreads stigma.
- Call for Stories: Neighbors Trying to Control Your Disabled Child - Has a neighbor ever called CPS/Police or sued you because of your disabled child's behavior? I want to know.
- Happy Eid from a Rude Professor at Rutgers - A Rutgers professor discriminates against a Muslim student and breaks policy. Is also rude.
- Flowers v Gopal - Rich folks try to declare autistic child a public nuisance - DON'T USE NUISANCE LAW TO TRY AND CONTROL YOUR NEIGHBORS' CHILDREN
- The "Authenticity" Dodge - Arthur Chu interviewed me
Should be a published piece or two next week. Thanks for reading!