- A Lott of Lies
- More Guns, More Gun Crime
- Fact Check: Concealed weapon laws do not lead to less crime.
- For every criminal stopped by guns, dozens more innocent people die by guns.
Other important studies
- Stanford: Right-to-carry laws lead to increase in violent crime.
- Harvard: More guns lead to more gun violence.
- An incredibly useful roundup of social science research on mass violence.
- Armed civilian shoots victim of carjacking in the head, rather than the carjackers.
- Armed civilians intervening in mass shootings do not dramatically reduce numbers of deaths.
Let's not blame mental health.
- S.E. Smith's roundup of resources on mental health and violence. People with psychiatric disabilities vastly more likely to be victims.
Tune in to CNN with Carol Costello to see how it goes. I'm not really one to shout at my debate adversaries, but I do have some things I want to say.